We collect information when you register with Escentual and during the buying process. This information includes your name, address, email, credit card information and shopper preferences. This information is stored on secure servers, and can only be accessed by Escentual employees.
- Browsing - to help the site to remember settings for sorting and filtering products, and which products you've looked at previously (Cookie name: frontend)
- Shopping - to allow you to add items to your basket - and return to them later (Cookie name: frontend)
- Logging in - to enable you to log into our website, to store settings of past purchases etc (Cookie name: frontend)
- Reviews - to allow you to write product reviews once logged into the site (Cookie names: BIGipServerprod-c5c-prr-http, bvgacefRatingsAndReviews, bvReturnPosition, ARPTH, token)
- Sharing - cookies may also be used if you wish to share a product or a page via Facebook, Twitter etc. The cookies enable you to link through to your other external accounts (Cookie names: uit, uid, loc, user_segment, uid, uvc, psc, di, bt, dt, ssc, dbm, uss, ups, _atuvc)
Our cookies expire when you have finished your shopping with us, or 7 days after you log out (if you have an account).
Cookie from External sites
External sites may also leave cookies to help track your journey. For example if you have visited from a voucher code or cashback site, cookies enable you to claim an offer or cashback that was promised. We may pay third parties to advertise Escentual.com on their website or search engines, cookie allow them to track a click on their advert, so we can pay them accordingly. These cookies may remain on your computer for up to 60 days. (Example Cookie names: ckid, mtrs, googid, ABTst, mt_awin-2991-100-uk, cksession, mttgt, uip, tc, uuid, lsa, ccv2, BX, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, use_hitbox, NID, PREF, test_cookie)
Disclosure of Information to third parties
As mentioned above, we may provide anonymous data by cookies, profiles and shopper preferences information to third parties who are affiliated with our site. We promise never to provide our customers' personal information to these third parties.
We never share or sell any customer information such as email addresses etc to any third party company.
We will take appropriate steps to protect your privacy. Whenever you provide any sensitive information to us (for example a credit card number), we will take all reasonable steps to protect it. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information in storage. Credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and are not used for marketing purposes.
There are occasions where we may ask for additional information. We do this to be able to better understand your needs and provide additional services to our customers that may be of value. In addition, we may keep information regarding your communications with us such as emails and customer feedback.
We welcome any comments, questions or queries you may have on this privacy statement. Due to the rapidly evolving technologies on the Internet, we may occasionally update this security and privacy statement.
Questions regarding this statement should be directly emailed to email@example.com or by post to:Escentual
63-67 Wellfield Road