Tuesday was a pretty busy, but incredibly exciting day for us at Escentual! It was the day of our very first fragrance event, and we hotfooted it to London in the morning to soak up a bit of the beauty atmosphere in the capital before attending the event in the evening. Between covering ourselves with scent and sampling dozens of different textures and colours, we were lucky enough to have a chat and product run-through with the extremely charming Daniel Sandler – and, if possible, we fell in love with Daniel and his products even more.
Daniel ran through each and every one of his products himself, explaining his inspiration and intention in a completely absorbing and passionate way. Its so clear to see that he truly listens to what women want from their cosmetics, and incorporates these desires alongside his own personal discoveries from his years as a professional make-up artist. Daniel is also constantly innovating – there are many new products in the pipeline, so watch this space!
Aside from effortlessly sculpting Louise’s cheekbones with the Blotting Powder and the Powder Bronzer, and curing my lipstick phobia with a perfectly applied Luxury Lipstick red lip with a touch of blotting powder to highlight the cupids bow, Daniel also shared a few tips and tricks with us to help you to make the most of his innovative range. Here are some of our favourites:
– Rub a pinch of Daniel Sandler Invisible Veil Powder between your hands and gently pat it onto the face for a more natural finish
– Bend the brush of your Daniel Sandler Baby Jet Mascara about 45 degrees to reach absolutely every single miniscule lash
– Make your daytime Daniel Sandler Eye Love it crème eyeshadow application more intense and dramatic for the nighttime by applying the Daniel Sandler Eye Delight loose powder straight over the top. Eye love it acts as a perfect primer, bringing out the metallic intensity of the shadow.
– Prime your Daniel Sandler Base Brush with water or moisturiser to ensure a more even and natural application of your foundation. This also ensures that the brush doesn’t soak up all of the product!
– Use the Daniel Sandler Retexturising Face Primer SPF 25 to prepare the entire face for makeup application – including lips and eyelids. The formulation fills in fine lines, wrinkles, and pores, making your makeup sit perfectly and last for much longer.
– Increase the coverage of your Daniel Sandler Waterbase Foundation by mixing it directly with a swatch of the included concealer before applying. The density of the concealer makes for a more opaque finish.
Take a look at our Daniel Sandler exclusive the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Crème Bronzer in Riviera, and take a look at the entire Daniel Sandler range right here.