1) What are the core values of the Caudalie brand?
‘Natural, efficiency and glamour’, says our co-founder, Mathilde Thomas, Co-founder of Caudalie. ‘I believe in a greener planet and more committed cosmetics. I formulate my products for all women who, like me, don’t want to choose between effectiveness and naturalness, between glamour and ecology.’
2) What process of development does a product go through before it hits the shelves?
All of our products originated from years of fundamental research with Dr Vercauteren, including all of our patents. Our latest one, Resveratrol – Oleyl took 10 years of research; it then goes to our lab to create amazing textures and fragrances along with highly effective skincare results.
3) How important is innovation in the development of Caudalie products?
Innovation is one of our core values, as for us it means efficiency and it also allows us to create more eco-friendly products, so that we can respect and stay true to our commitments.
4) What would be your three ‘desert island’ Caudalie products, and why?
1) Vinosource Moisturising Matifying Fluid – it’s lightweight and great for oil-control, which will be necessary on a desert island!
2) Beauty Elixir – soothes and calms my skin and is a great everyday product.
3) Divine Oil – the most amazing dry oil, with a truly addictive scent that I use every day on my hair, nails and body.
5) What is your most invaluable skincare tip?
Start using an eye contour product to prevent & protect any signs of anti-ageing; use a serum to treat your skin – 4 out of 5 wrinkles are due to everyday, external agents that are harmful, that’s why it is necessary to use a product that contains anti-oxidants to protect the skin from getting old.
Cell renewal takes about 28 days, so to see results you have to use your products for at least a month. A skincare routine is like a marathon: it takes time and dedication but if you stick to it the results are incredible. With some products, like masks, you can see an immediate results, but to keep these results you have to keep applying them – that’s why it’s called a routine.
6) Which ‘emergency’, quick fix products would you recommend for very bad skin days?
If you’re looking for a quick skin refresh, our Glycolic Peel Mask. If you’re looking for intense hydration then our Grape Water is excellent, and is also great for those with sensitive skin. Use our Beauty Elixir as your secret weapon for instant radiance and glow.