Clarins’ skincare line for menopausal skin, Super Restorative, has had a facelift for 2022 as five of the fan-favourite moisturisers and the treatment essence have been revamped; the day and night creams not only feature an organic plant extract that is proven to be as effective as retinol, but they also include a whole new active to offer firm, toned results.
Read on to find out everything you need to know about the Clarins Super Restorative range and its innovative reformulations…
The Most Important Thing About The Clarins Super Restorative Collection Is…
The most important piece of info you can know about the Super Restorative range is that’s made for those aged 50 and over, whose skin is struggling due to hormonal changes caused by menopause. Powered by Clarins’ expertise and innovation, it offers a complete routine that meets your skin’s needs at this time. But how exactly does it do that? Thanks to an as-effective-as-retinol active: organic harungana. Don’t worry, though; this is a gentle, plant alternative to retinol, so it’s suitable for sensitive skin.
When used together, the high-tech but highly natural collection helps to:
• Instantly illuminate and smooth your skin
• Restore density to the skin at all levels
• Reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles
• Lift and combat sagging
• Intensely nourish and hydrate
• Prevent and erase dark spots
• Protect against environmental damage
But loyal fans of the collection need to know this: for 2022, the five main day and night creams and the Super Restorative Treatment Essence have been reformulated. The essence includes an exciting green beauty innovation – a RED² + H.A² complex that boosts skin moisture, energy and radiance. The stars of the show – the day and night creams – are even better than before too, and it’s all thanks to a new active: organic gorse extract.
What Skin Type Is The Range For?
This is one hefty skincare collection, so there’s something for everyone. There are formulas for all skin types or formulas for very dry skin (which is especially beneficial to anyone struggling with skin dryness caused by hormonal changes.)
Wondering which ones you can use? This is the official breakdown:
Suitable For All Skin Types:
• Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream SPF15 All Skin Types (an update on the previous SPF20)
• Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream All Skin Types
• Clarins Super Restorative Night Cream All Skin Types
• Clarins Super Restorative Treatment Essence
• Clarins Super Restorative Rose Radiance Cream
• Clarins Super Restorative Remodelling Serum
• Clarins Super Restorative Redefining Body Care
• Clarins Super Restorative Decollete and Neck Concentrate
• Clarins Super Restorative Hand Cream
Best For Very Dry Skin:
• Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream For Very Dry Skin
• Clarins Super Restorative Night Cream For Very Dry Skin
You Will Love This Range If…
Did you know that your skin can become unbalanced due to hormonal deficiencies associated with menopause? As a result, it’s important to switch up your skincare routine at this time. And if you’re in your fifties and you’re feeling the effects of menopause, you’ll love Super Restorative.
If you’re a fan of innovative skincare, you’ll particularly love the updated-for-2022 day and night creams. They go above and beyond; in fact, they’re adapted to the skin’s chronobiology, meaning that they protect menopausal skin in the day using squalane and reactivate it at night using glow-boosting service tree bud extract (your complexion would otherwise struggle to do either of these things due to menopause).
There are a lot of powerhouse actives in the Super Restorative range – from nourishing shea butter to an anti dark-spot vitamin C derivative. So, it would take a while to go through them all. Instead, I want to focus on the stars of the show: organic harungana and organic gorse extract.
In 2014, Clarins’ research uncovered the effects of hormone depletion on the skin. They noticed that hormonal changes that occur as we age (especially around menopause) slow down fibroblast activity, which results in a loss of firmness and exaggerated wrinkles and fine lines. Their solution? Harungana, a natural active that Clarins are now deeming ‘nature’s retinol’. In fact, they have six years’ research behind them to show just how effective it is. But what does it do? It helps to re-densify the skin and prevent sagging without causing the sensitivity sometimes associated with retinol.
For 2022, the five updated face creams now feature Clarins’ latest plant discovery: organic gorse extract. This improves the tone of fibroblasts (major players in the production of collagen and elastin, AKA the things that keep your skin super plump). This innovation improves fibroblast tone by up to 89% for firmer, toned skin that’s less prone to sagging and slackening.
What Does Each Item Feel Like?
Each item in the range is ultra-luxurious, as you’d expect from Clarins!
• The essence has a slightly-thicker-than-water liquid texture that sinks in seconds.
• The serum has a fast-absorbing liquid gel texture.
• The moisturisers feel velvety soft and luxurious, but they melt into your skin in seconds (leaving a healthy-looking glow, might I add). As an added extra, the SPF15 day cream has a lighter finish than its previous SPF20 version, so it’s great for anyone who wants a lightweight moisturiser that feels non-greasy and looks invisible.
• The body cream has more of a creamy gel-like lotion texture.
• The neck cream is a touch thicker but still blends in really easily.
• The hand cream definitely has the richest texture out of the body care formulas; it’s a traditional hand cream texture that feels ultra-nourishing from the start, but it also absorbs quickly and has more of a powdery dry finish.
What Does The Range Smell Like?
The Super Restorative range is laced with a delicate floral aroma – it’s very pampering and very Clarins.
How Do You Use The Products?
Your daily Super Restorative routine should start with the Treatment Essence; gently tap it into clean, dry skin on the neck and face. Then, follow up with the serum and your chosen face cream.
Use the Neck Concentrate and Redefining Body Care once or twice a day to nourish and smooth your skin. Massage the Hand Cream into your skin whenever your hands need an extra boost of moisture.
What’s Special About The Design?
A luxe ruby red colour scheme runs throughout the Clarins Super Restorative range, so you know exactly which products are in the line. All Clarins cartons are sourced from responsibly-managed forests too.
Discover The Collection In More Detail…
Keen to find out more about the Super Restorative line? Team Escentual members, Hannah and Kate, have asked their mums to put it to the test for one month. Watch along to find out why they wanted to try it and what they thought of it after 30 days……
Why We’re Excited About Super Restorative:
Watch Our 30-Day Review: