Made for pregnant women in the second trimester onwards, the Pharmaceris M collection features a duo of anti-stretch mark treatments that will minimise the looks of stretching and support your skin. Read on to find out all about the Pharmaceris M range…
The Most Important Thing About The Pharmaceris M Collection Is…
Pharmaceris’ maternity collection offers a two-step approach to stretch marks. You’ve got a preventative cream for when and where you’re expecting stretching to occur, and then you’ve also got a treatment balm that’s going to lessen the appearance of stretch marks and postpartum scarring. They’re ideal for stretch marks on the abdomen, hips, buttocks and thighs.
Although those who experience weight fluctuations can use this duo, it’s created for pregnant women to use from four months through to nursing. So, Pharmaceris have taken extra special care to ensure it’s safe to use; both formulas have had their safety and high tolerance confirmed during clinical and dermatological tests.
But how effective do they appear to be?
Pharmaceris M Stretch Mark Preventing Cream:
• 100% of those who tested it out said it smoothes out the skin.
• 99% said it improves elasticity.
Pharmaceris M Stretch Mark Reducing Balm:
• 100% of those who tested it out said it protects from irritation and itching.
• 81% agreed it eliminates redness.
• 71% it reduces the visibility of scars.
You Will Love This Range If…
If you’re preparing for the arrival of your little one and you want to care for and support your body as it adjusts, then Pharmaceris M is the one for you. The preventative treatment cream doesn’t just help to prevent the development of stretch marks, it also helps to strengthen the structure of weakened and oversensitive skin during pregnancy. The balm similarly cares for your skin by taking a slightly different tack; it keeps skin well hydrated whilst effectively reducing after only 6 weeks of treatment by minimising their volume, depth and colour.
What Skin Type Is It For?
Both formulas are suitable for all skin types.
These are the key actives you’ll find in each formula:
Stretch Mark Preventing Cream:
• Folic acid: this stimulates collagen and elastin synthesis help your skin stretch out gently.
• Phyto-complex: creates a slimming and firming effect.
• Cottonseed oil: reduces transepidermal water loss and helps maintain skin’s natural protective barrier. It nourishes and softens the skin, restoring the natural lipid layer on its surface.
• Vitamin E: protects against free radicals and environmental aggressors, while boosting skin repair and regeneration.
Stretch Mark Reducing Balm:
• Pumpkin proteins: these regenerate collagen and elastin fibres for a tight, elastic finish.
• Fruit juices and fruit acids: these boost cell renewal.
• Shea butter: a soothing active, this softens your skin.
• Vitamin E: an antioxidant that prevents premature ageing and boosts skin repair and regeneration.
What Does Each Item Feel Like?
To start with, both Pharmaceris M products have a surprisingly thick texture – the balm is just a touch richer than the cream. However, they both smooth over your skin and sink in really easily.
What Does Each Product Smell Like?
Both formulas have light, pleasant aromas that are slightly fresh and floral.
How Do You Use The Products?
Both products are safe for use by pregnant women from the second trimester onwards. They won’t interfere with ultrasound scans. You can use either/or depending on the severity of your stretch marks, or switch from the prevention cream to the balm later on in your pregnancy when stretching is more pronounced. This is how best to use them:
Pharmaceris M Cream:
Use in the morning and at bedtime on the areas where stretch marks are most likely to develop. Gently spread the cream upwards in circular motions, focusing particularly on the abdomen, hips, thighs and buttocks. Avoid intense massage, skin stretching or any mechanical pressure on the abdomen.
If using to prevent stretching during general weight fluctuations, use in the morning and at bedtime on the areas where stretch marks are likely to develop.
Pharmaceris M Balm:
Use in the morning and at bedtime on the areas where your stretch marks have started to appear by gently massaging the balm upwards in circular motions, focusing particularly on the abdomen, hips, thighs and buttocks. Avoid intense massage, skin stretching or any mechanical pressure on the abdomen.
Use the balm twice a day for at least two months; significant improvement will only be seen after six weeks of consistent use.
What’s Special About The Design Of The Range?
Both treatments are held in slim squeezy tubes for easy application. A red colour scheme runs throughout the maternity range so it’s clear for you to spot which Pharmacies products to reach for.
Clinically and dermatologically-tested.