If you’re a fan of Clarins (I mean, who isn’t?), then you’re in exactly the right place because I have an exciting update to fill you in on. For 2022, Clarins have revamped their approach to eye care to unveil the Total Eye range to offer solutions for different eye concerns.
Keep reading to find out all about the Clarins Total Eye collection and uncover what makes Clarins the No. 1 eye care brand…
The Most Important Thing About The Clarins Total Eye Collection Is…
If you’re a loyal fan of the brand, the chances are you’re familiar with Total Eye Lift, an update on their iconic Total Eye Concentrate that offers even better performance. After the success of this revamp, Clarins have reformulated and re-energised their current eye care offering. Now, it’s even easier to know which formula is best for you as Clarins have grouped four new formulations together with Total Eye Lift, so they sit under the one range that you can work your way through as your skin’s needs change over time. This collection offers a fuss-free but effective approach to eye care to suit a variety of concerns, skin types and ages.
You Will Love This Range If…
The thing that’s so great about the Total Eye range is that there’s something for everyone! The formulas are suitable for all complexions, so you don’t have to worry about your skin type narrowing down your choice. But the collection also ensures there’s something for all individual eye concerns – including everything from dark circles to puffiness.
If you’ve been a fan of Clarins’ eye creams over the years but you want to opt for one of the new Total Eye formulations, these would be my recommendations on which one to choose based on your personal preferences:
• Total Eye Revive: You’ll love this if you’re a fan of the Multi-Active Instant Eye Reviver.
• Total Eye Contour: This is a new-and-improved update on the old Eye Contour Gel.
• Total Eye Hydrate: Give this a go if you love the Hydra-Essentiel Moisturising Mask.
• Total Eye Smooth: This has replaced the Extra-Firming Yeux.
• Total Eye Lift: This is a revamp of the old Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate.
What Skin Type Is Each Formulation Designed For?
Every eye cream in the range is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, and they can be used by contact lens wearers too. However, they’ve been created with specific eye concerns in mind:
• Revive: Ideal for early signs of ageing, this antioxidant eye cream-gel targets fine lines and puffiness caused by fatigue.
• Contour: This soothing and cooling eye gel is best suited to those with under-eye puffiness.
• Hydrate: Specially designed to target moisture loss, this comforting mask-balm tackles dehydration lines and dark circles.
• Smooth: Designed for women in their 40s, this anti-ageing eye balm works to fill out and smooth wrinkles and lines while addressing puffiness and dark circles.
• Lift: Going a step further than the Smooth Eye Balm, this anti-ageing eye treatment lifts, smooths and brightens the eye area.
I’ll admit that there are a lot of ingredients for me to cover when it comes to the Clarins Total Eye range, but I don’t want to overload you. So instead, I’m going to break each formula down into its top actives. But before I do that, it’s important to note that each of the four new eye care formulations features Clarins’ revolutionary Anti-Pollution Complex to guard against damaged external aggressors.
• Revive: Organic oat sugars smooth the eye while luminous pigments immediately brighten. Antioxidant teasel extract pairs with myrothamnus to reduce early signs of ageing, while plant-based caffeine and horse chestnut escin minimise the look of dark circles.
• Contour: Plant-based caffeine visibly reduces puffiness, and ginkgo biloba extract reduces the intensity of dark circles, while organic camomile and cornflower calm and comfort the area. Soothing aloe vera offers moisturising benefits as bitter orange flower water cares for delicate skin.
• Hydrate: Contains organic leaf of life extract to boost the skin’s natural hydration mechanisms, soothing red algae to reduce puffiness, horse chestnut to boost radiance, and organic quinoa to reinforce the skin barrier.
• Smooth: Organic oat sugars tighten the skin whilst kangaroo flower supports the skin’s regenerative nature. Organic mitracarpus reinforces firmness for a smooth, youthful look. Albizia promotes skin firmness and radiance, while plant-based caffeine and horse chestnut reduce puffiness and dark circles.
• Lift: Cassie wax laces the mix due to its toning properties, while organic harungana promotes long-term lift and targeted nourishment. Firming and radiance-boosting albizia sits alongside de-puffing guarana whilst horse chestnut brighten shadows to mask signs of fatigue.
What Does Each Item Feel Like?
Each formulation feels light and comfortable on the skin. However, they all have unique textures:
• Revive: A lightweight, silky creamy-gel that cools and refreshes the skin, thanks to its metallic applicator.
• Contour: A cool, pale blue-tinted liquid gel that instantly refreshes and chills the eye contour.
• Hydrate: A delicate blue balm with more of a cream-gel finish.
• Smooth: A rich, creamy balm texture that sinks into the area quickly.
• Lift: A silky gel-cream.
What Does The Range Smell Like?
As a general rule, the Clarins Total Eye collection doesn’t have a signature scent, and most formulas have a very delicate, pleasant aroma that’s not particularly noticeable. However, the Clarins Total Eye Smooth Eye Balm does feature a fragrance to enhance the pampering experience; its gentle rose and camellia aroma leaves behind a pleasant feeling of freshness.
How Do You Use The Products?
No matter which formula you choose from the Clarins Total Eye collection, you should always use your eye cream before applying your serum or moisturiser, massaging in a small amount to dry, clean skin in both the morning and evening.
When applying the Contour Gel, Eye Revive Cream-Gel or Total Eye Lift, it’s best to warm a small amount of your favourite formula between your fingertips for three seconds so that your skin accepts it instantly. Then, gently press the eye cream into your skin by starting at the inside corners of your eye contour and working outward towards your temples. Repeat this step four times, both below and above the eyes, following the natural direction of lymphatic circulation before applying a relaxing pressure between the brows.
The Hydrate Mask-Balm and the Smooth Eye Balm can be used as a daily eye cream following the above steps or as a ten-minute treatment mask, while the Total Eye Revive Cream-Gel is topped with a cool cryo-metallic tip that you use to smooth the cream in to boost decongestion.
What’s Special About The Design Of The Range?
Each formula within the Clarins Total Eye collection comes in either a tube or pump bottle that allows for easy application. Out of all the designs, my personal favourite is Total Eye Revive, as it features an in-built metal applicator that enables you to smooth the cream under your eyes for a fresh, decongested eye contour.
To respect the environment, all eye creams come packaged in outer cardboard cartons sourced from sustainably-managed forests.