There’s no doubt about it; the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is an icon. Powered by over 40 years’ worth of expertise, it’s just been updated so it’s now even better than before. We’re talking: new active ingredients, improved texture, sleek new design and improved results.
Keen to learn more? Read on for my full Clarins Beauty Flash Balm review, where I’ll reveal who will benefit from this anti-fatigue, pro-radiance balm while uncovering the improvements and changes of this Clarins fan-favourite at the same time…
The Most Important Thing About The Clarins Beauty Flash Balm Is…
I’m sure a lot of you are familiar with Beauty Flash but, if you aren’t, then you need to know its main purpose is to deliver instant radiance; it’s all about natural beauty without the filter.
It’s multipurpose – you can use it as:
• A makeup primer
• A 10 minute face mask
• A day cream treatment
• An overnight treatment
• A body highlighter; it has a subtle glow.
The treatment-mask balm works to energise and illuminate your complexion, all while smoothing, tightening and toning your skin – it diminishes signs of fatigue too.
For those of you who are loyal Beauty Flash Balm fans, here’s what’s changed for the 2022 reformulation:
1. It features new active ingredients: acerola, barbary figs (AKA prickly pear) and sugar oats
2. These new additions offer improved radiance and a unique tightening effect
3. Its improved texture feels even more hydrating on your skin
4. The new design features 25% recycled plastics and is completely recyclable; it also has more red touches than before, tying it into Clarins’ new peel, which joins the balm to create the Beauty Flash collection.
5. The apricot tint of the original remains the same.
And frankly, you need to know the stats on this balm too:
• 86% of women said their features appeared more rested after first use.
• 92% of women said their complexion was revived after 28 days of use.
What Skin Type Is It For?
This glow-boosting face balm is suitable for normal, oily, combination or dry skin types – it’s not recommended for sensitive skin, unfortunately.
If your main skin concern is dullness, this product will help to give your skin its glow back.
You Will Love This If…
If you’re all about getting that healthy, glowy look, you’ll love the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm; it gives skin lit-from-within look whilst caring for your skin with a blend of 96% naturally-sourced ingredients.
And if you love multitasking skincare that you can use in a number of different ways depending on your skin’s needs at any one time, then you’ll love Beauty Flash too. You can use it as a day treatment over your regular day cream, as a prep for your makeup or mixed in with liquid foundation, or as a deeply nourishing mask.
Let’s kick things off with the trio of new ingredients behind the Beauty Flash Balm. It unlocks radiant, glowing skin using energising acerola seed extract, while prickly pear extract helps activate cell renewal to restore the skin’s radiance by getting rid of old dead, dulling skin cells and replacing them with fresh new ones. It’s also enriched with organic oat sugars with an impressive toning action, which help to immediately tighten and smooth facial features for a smooth, well-rested look.
Sunflower unsaponifiables promote the look of elasticity and firmness; this is supported by rosemary, which offers a gentle way of encouraging skin firmness, tone and elasticity. But that’s not all; the balm also soothes and hydrates your complexion using aloe vera, while shea butter protects against water loss by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface. The balm also protects your complexion against damaging environmental pollutants using Clarins’ innovative Anti-Pollution complex.
What Does It Feel Like?
The Clarins Beauty Flash Balm has a pale pink light gel texture that glides over skin really easily and absorbs quickly too. Its texture is now more hydrating than it used to be, and it definitely makes my skin feel refreshed when I apply it.
What Does It Smell Like?
The Beauty Flash Balm has a delicate, slightly floral aroma that’s very pleasant.
How Do You Use The Product?
The Beauty Flash Balm can be used in three different ways:
1. As a day treatment: Gently smooth a very thin layer onto a cleansed face, neck and decollete area after your face cream without massaging it in.
2. As a makeup base: Apply over your regular skincare products before applying your foundation; or, mix in with your liquid foundation for a glowy finish.
3. As a mask: Apply a thin layer to your skin two or three times a week. Leave on for 10 minutes before removing any excess with water. Then, apply your lotion with cotton pads and pat dry.
If you want to use the new-for-2022 peel in conjunction with the balm to help boost your glow further, then apply the peel two or three times a week by smoothing a thin layer over cleansed skin but avoiding the eye area. Leave it to work for five to ten minutes before applying your night cream on top. Make sure to always wear high broad-spectrum sun protection in the day-time when using the peel, though; it contains acids, so it might make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
What’s Special About The Design?
It features 25% recycled plastic and it’s fully recyclable.
Discover The Balm In More Detail…
Keen to find out more about the balm? Myself and three Team Escentual members put it to the test for one month. Watch along to find out why we were so keen to try it and what we thought of it after 30 days…
Why We’re Excited About The Beauty Flash Balm:
Watch Our 30-Day Review: