Joined the gym after the indulgence of the festive season? You aren’t the only one… More people join the gym in January than any other month of the year – and in years gone by, I was one of those eager people in the queue to sign up.
By early February, however, my enthusiasm always starts to dwindle. So this year, I’m keeping my credit card in my wallet and taking to my local pavements for a twice weekly jog instead.
If I did step into a gym, however, I would want it to be worth my while. When I staggered into the changing room, I’d want the products below to be waiting for me – and that would be the biggest incentive to keep going (well, at least until the pots and bottles ran out…)
– Keep your shower gel simple and effective, with a tube of the addictive Clean Original Bath & Shower Gel, £11.80. It quickly works into a lather to clean post-workout skin – and leaves skin laced in subtle notes of Orange, Lime, Lily, and Musk.
– If you follow your gym session with a few lengths in the pool, I recommend investing in a shampoo that specifically targets chlorine. Not solely reserved for beach holidays, the effective Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Sun Protect Shampoo, £6.38, cleanses chemicals from the hair – and leaves it feeling impressively soft.
– If you’re in a hurry to get home and hit the sack – or get to your desk, if you’re an early riser – I suggest treating yourself to Crabtree & Evelyn’s Nantucket Briar Talc-Free Body Powder, £7.83. The velvety-soft powder will absorb any excess moisture you miss when drying off – allowing you to get dressed within seconds of stepping out the shower.
– Brush locks with Mason Pearson Nylon Universal Military NU2M Hairbrush, £37.79. The professional quality brush will leave hair tangle-free – and it’s small enough to fit into your washbag.
– If you’re feeling a little washed out, add some colour to your complexion by applying Clarins Hydra Care Tinted Moisturiser, £25.53, which comes in three well-formulated shades. Not only does skin feel soft and hydrated, but it appears smoothed and radiant.
– I’m a big fan of Tisserand’s Survival Kit, £10.50 – and it’s ideal for use after the gym. If you are heading home, apply the ‘Sleep’ rollerball to pulse points before you step out of the changing room to help yourself unwind – but if you are heading straight to work, choose the ‘Energise’ rollerball to recharge energy levels. Keep the ‘De-Stress’ rollerball in your handbag for challenging moments throughout the day!