It’s new, it’s highly anticipated, and it’s entirely exclusive to us! The sublime Givenchy Teint Couture Cushion Foundation is the fresh and dewy springtime base you’ve been waiting for.
Emma caught up with Givenchy’s Regional Makeup Artist, Georgina Holliday, to discover everything there is to know about the exciting innovation…
1) Tell us, what makes Teint Couture Cushion different to a traditional foundation?
It’s the world’s first branded metal cushion foundation, A liquid fluid but in a compact! It’s pretty impressive. Not only does it look luxurious, it’s packed with protection, hydration, and a “blur” effect. It plumps, corrects and unifies the skin, with a super lightweight formula.
2) Are there any skincare benefits?
Yes – It has a high concentration of water which really hydrates and leaves the skin glowing and moisturised whilst erasing flaws. You would still wear a moisturiser underneath. Our Hydra Sparkling range would be a great partner to this foundation.
3) This is an important one for our customers – will all skin types be able to wear the Teint Couture Cushion?
I would say that most skin types can wear this foundation. It’s matte enough for combination/oily skin and hydrating enough for dryer skins too.
4) What sort of coverage does the Cushion have?
Teint Couture Cushion has a light coverage and feels weightless on the skin. It colour corrects and erases flaws but remains extremely natural. I would say it’s a light/light medium coverage. It’s definitely buildable but not if you’re after full coverage.
5) What is the finish like?
It gives a sheer finish, looking just like skin but better! A great balance between a healthy glow and satin matte leaving the skin luminous and bright!
6) What is the average wear time of the Teint Couture Cushion?
I’ve been applying this foundation in the morning and can go throughout the day at work without needed to re-apply. I was definitely impressed, even at 7pm it still hadn’t budged!
7) How do I choose my perfect shade?
Fresh Porcelain will suit fair/pale skin with more of a golden/ yellow undertone. Fresh Sand is also for fairer skins but with more of a pink undertone. Fresh Beige is more neutral in tone, for light to medium skin and Fresh Honey starts to get warmer with neutral undertones. Find your perfect shade in Ceryn’s helpful post here.
8) What is the best way to apply the Teint Couture Cushion?
Use the applicator provided, just dab onto the face using light movements and blend. You can blend with fingers if needed around the nose area etc. but to be honest the applicator can do all this for you. It’s so quick and easy to use, perfect if you’re on the go.
9) Should I use a finishing powder afterwards?
It gives a great long lasting result but can you always add one of our Prisme Visage powders over the top for some added coverage and extra hold. It’s still so lightweight that it doesn’t feel like a powder on the skin!
10) Tell us something special about the packaging!
The packaging is very chic, I love the concept! It comes in a glossy black plastic compact case with a metal plate, which is where the foundation is dispensed via tiny pinholes in the shape of Givenchy’s “4G” logo by pressing down on it. One push will deliver just the right amount of product and no mess!
• See the swatches of the Givenchy Teint Couture Cushion Foundation in our post here
• Fluid foundation more your thing? See more from the Teint Couture collection in our Teint Couture Balm and Concealer post here