Clear skin feels like a distant dream for so many. When you know the struggle of visible pores, sore blemishes and an oily t-zone, you can feel stuck. And I felt this way, but after using Caudalie’s Vinopure skincare routine (strictly) for over three weeks now, my results were too good not to share, even after seven days.
It’s simple: nature and effectiveness. Caudalie’s conscious ethos is what gives this acne-fighting skincare routine a point of difference. Salicylic acid is continuously in the press for being the ‘best’ spot-solving ingredient, but it’s not for everyone and should be used with caution; however, Caudalie’s Vinopure range features 100% natural salicylic acid which can be used every day, twice a day – you won’t experience any chemical burns or discomfort with this range!
I won’t lie, to get the clarity you want, you have to be committed. You must also understand that great skin doesn’t arrive overnight; it takes time. Tried and tested by me, seven days isn’t too long to wait around.
Before and after using Caudalie Vinopure skincare
Which skin types will benefit from Vinopure?
• Adult acne.
• Blemished skin; hormonal, occasional or reactional.
• Oily skin.
• Combination skins with oily t-zones.
Don’t get me wrong, presenting my bare face to the world has taken some guts; but I feel like I have a duty to let those that also struggle with their skin know there’s a solution out there that:
1) Won’t dry out the skin.
2) Contains natural origin ingredients that clear skin without stripping it.
There are five skincare steps to follow in the Vinopure routine. 3 out of 5 are Marie Claire Prix De L’Excellence Award Winners for 2019 (more on that below). Each product ranges from a 96% to 99% natural formula, which is hugely beneficial for aggravated skin that’s usually associated with acne and blemishes. Scroll down to find out more.
What are the main ingredients in the Vinopure range?
• Grape polyphenols;
• French lavender essential oil
• Madagascar lemongrass essential oil
• Egyptian geranium essential oil
• Morrocan rosemary essential oil
• French lemon balm essential oil
• Indian peppermint essential oil
• 100 natural salicylic acid
Step One: Vinopure Face Wash
The Vinopure range includes a non-drying face wash for blemished skin types. Made with 99% natural ingredients including foaming agents, there’s no soap or sulphates in sight. This gentle gel cleanser is pretty powerful when it comes to deep cleansing. Daily, pores are unclogged, oily t-zones are refreshed and overtime, it promises to make blemishes less frequent. I can vouch that it does all three.
Having oily skin, I love the fresh feeling a face wash gives and the Vinopure gel cleanser is the most refreshing cleanser I’ve used to date. After using day and night, my skin felt cool, clean and most importantly comfortable. A little bit goes a long way, so I ended up using it as a body wash as I tend to get breakouts on my back and chest. I noticed a huge difference in the texture of my skin after using this wash for 1 minute every morning and evening.
How does the Caudalie Vinopure Gel Cleanser work?
• Non-Soap Base
Instead of aggressive agents and harsh soaps, this foaming cleanser is made from sucrose cocoate, a surfactant-free base, which is made from sugar and coconut oil. Caudalie’s world-famous organic grape water is also infused in the foam to keep your skin comfortable while you cleanse.
• Decreases Oil Production & Prevents Future Blemishes
The star ingredient: Caudalie salicylic acid gently refines the skin’s texture to unclog pores and improve the softness of your skin. Grape polyphenols and organic essential oils (lavender, lemongrass, geranium, rosemary, lemon balm and peppermint) perform an antibacterial action on your skin, deep cleansing and tightening pores for a fresher feel; this combination also helps to stop your sebum oxidising, which means you’ll see less black and whiteheads appear.
How to use the Vinopure face wash?
After removing your makeup, massage the Caudalie Purifying Gel Cleanser into damp skin every morning and evening. Wait until it foams, then remove with a lukewarm flannel.
Top tip: If I’m having a particularly bad skin day, I’ll leave the wash on damp skin for 15 minutes, and then remove with a warm flannel for a deeper cleanse.
• The Caudalie Vinopure Cleanser smells pretty strong, particularly of lemon and mint. The scent is 100% natural, thanks to a combination of the six organic essential oils that also help to clear your skin.
• After you wash your skin with this cleanser, its refreshing foam instantly makes your skin feel cool and clean.
• If you wear heavy foundation or eye makeup, it’s best to use this face wash after using a makeup remover to get the best results.
• This face wash is super foaming and quite runny. Be careful when decanting what you need, as you don’t need a lot to get a great lather.
• The bottle is 100% recyclable and topped with a reduced plastic cap.
Step Two: Vinopure Toner
A firm favourite for many, the Vinopure toner’s ability to invigorate is second to none. An instant reboot for blemished skin, this is a step not to be skipped, the results are incredible. Immediately, you can feel a slight (comfortable) tingle. Pores feel clean and unclogged, while any traces of leftover impurities are drawn out as if your cotton pad was a magnet for them.
I’m religious with my skincare. I usually use an acid toner 2-3 times a week, rather than a toner every day. I was expecting to miss the refining effects of my usual toner, but as this one has natural salicylic acid (technically a BHA formula), so this was a great alternative for gentle, daily exfoliation. My skin loved it, and I’ve noticed a daily difference in clarity, rather than a mid-week boost with my previous routine.
How does the Caudalie Vinopure Toner work?
• 99% Natural Formula
This toner will only enhance and not aggravate the skin. 20% of its contents are organically derived too, so blemished complexions needn’t worry about this stripping the skin.
• Purify Pores
The natural salicylic acid content, plus grapeseed polyphenols work together to improve the clarity of your skin. If you scroll up to my before and after, you’ll see that my complexion looks more even.
How to use the Vinopure Toner?
It’s essential that you use this Caudalie Vinopure Clear Skin Purifying Toner after washing your face, but before using the Vinopure serum. Apply a small amount to a cotton pad and pat over skin, avoiding your eye contour.
Top tip: If you’re suffering from an area of congestion on your skin (mine is my chin), soak a cotton pad in the toner, and leave on the area for 10 minutes, then remove the pad.
• Again, this toner smells quite strong of lemon and mint, but only 100% natural fragrances are used.
• After you’ve applied the toner. Don’t rinse it off.
• The toner gets to work on problematic pores; if you skip this step, you definitely won’t get the results you were hoping for.
• There is an ingredient patent-pending for this toner (PCT/EP2018/050482), which in short means Caudalie wants to protect its formula -so you know it’s worth your attention when there’s nothing else like this on the market.
• The soft green bottle had a revamp for 2021 and is now made from 100% recyclable materials, whilst still being recyclable; this change saved 8.4 tonnes of virgin plastic.
Step Three: Vinopure Blemish Control Serum
Caudalie’s Vinopure Serum is my favourite step in the collection. It’s a shot of daily clarity for congested skin. It feels so fresh and cooling, while also keeping skin even and shine-free. Doubling as serum/on-the-spot solution, this gel can be used as part of the Vinopure routine, or as an occasional serum stand-in for when breakouts start to rear their ugly heads (no pun intended).
I tried this serum in isolation when researching hormonal acne last year and loved it. I found when using this as part of the Vinopure routine, I saw the biggest difference in the size of my pores and the overall clarity of my skin. I usually get painful lumps, especially around ‘that time’ but, not here.
How does the Caudalie Vinopure Serum work?
• Decongests Skin
The serum is ultra-concentrated in natural salicylic acid, super-powering your skin’s exfoliating ability, for tighter pores and a smoother, more refined texture. Also, lavender and peppermint tone your skin, while calming any inflamed areas of the skin (particularly around blemished).
• Daily Antioxidant Protection
Caudalie has infused this serum with healing polyphenols to aid premature ageing. Added hyaluronic acid plumps your skin daily, activating your skin’s natural ability to smooth away fine lines.
How to use the Vinopure Serum?
After using the Vinopure Toner, wait a minute or two, then stipple the serum down across the t-zone, cheeks and chin. If you’ve got a spot that needs extra attention, apply a targeted amount to the blemish and leave overnight.
Top tip: Keep the Vinopure Serum in the fridge for an extra cooling effect. It works wonders on spots that are sore and inflamed!
• Again the Caudalie Blemish Control Serum is made with 100% natural fragrance, so as soon as you apply, you’ll experience the aroma of lemon and mint essential oils working hard to purify and tighten skin.
• A little bit goes a long way with this Caudalie Vinopure Blemish Control Infusion Serum; you only need one pump for your face. As the Vinopure serum is very concentrated in natural salicylic acid, you don’t need to overload your skin to see results. This could cause your skin to dry out.
• Again, the formula is housed within a 100% recyclable bottle. If you’re wondering whether your serum is missing its lid! It’s not, this was a conscious choice from Caudalie to reduce plastic use by 0.2 tonnes.
Step Four: Vinopure Moisturiser
To finish the routine, we have the Vinopure Fluid; a refreshing gel-cream that mattifies and moisturises skin, with zero greasiness. An amazing makeup base, or lightweight night cream, this fluid is very versatile, but it’s a pro at keeping oil and shine at bay.
This moisturiser is quick-drying but also feels like it’s giving skin adequate moisturise. I wear a full-coverage foundation to hide my spots, and I found that this sat seamlessly under makeup, and most importantly, my t-zone top-ups became less, as this really did mattify.
How does the Vinopure Mattifying Fluid Work?
• Keeps Skin Matte but Soft
It’s all about the texture of this cream. When you apply the fluid on your skin, you can feel the silica powders get straight to work, but this lotion doesn’t zap moisture, it balances with added rose water, leaving skin prepped, but bouncy for makeup or SPF.
• Limits Oil Production
This moisturiser feels lightweight; it uses the power of 96% natural-origin ingredients and essential oils (rosemary and peppermint in particular) to keep skin clear and decongested.
• Clears Complexion
Day after day, natural salicylic acid gets to work on spots and breakouts to reveal a shine-free glow that encourages confidence.
How to use the Vinopure moisturiser?
After using the Vinopure Serum, wait a minute or two, and then massage a 10p sized amount into your skin. Follow with foundation or SPF.
Top tip: After completing the routine, once or twice a week, apply the Caudalie Moisturising Mask to keep your skin soft and supple.
• Part of Caudalie’s mission to reduce plastic waste, the Caudalie face cream is housed within a 100% recyclable tube.
Step Five: Caudalie Vinopure Purifying Mask
The Vinopure Purifying Face Mask helps to mattify and detox your skin in just five minutes. A perfect pampering solution for oily skin the clay mask reduces the appearance of blemishes and blackheads, whilst invigorating the body and mind.
The non-comedogenic mask has a soothing texture that easily spreads across for seamless application, as the clay face mask dries it tightens the skin and pores, which feels like it’s hard at work. The mask smells and feels fresh leaving behind a mattified and clean feeling.
How does the Vinopure Purifying Face Mask Work?
• Deeply moisturises
The dermatologist-tested formula contains Caudalie vino levure, which sinks into the skin to strengthen and hydrate for a comfortable and refreshed feeling.
• Mattifies and detoxes
Formulated with 99% natural origin ingredients including salicylic acid, the face mask is an all-rounder reducing blemishes, enlarged pores, blackheads and excess oil to mattify and clear skin.
How to use the Vinopure Mask?
Apply a thin layer to the skin at the most once a week, focusing on the t-zone and areas you particularly suffer from oiliness and blemishes. Wait 5 minutes, then remove with warm water. Follow with the toner, serum and moisturiser for best results. wash with warm water.