GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Intense Repair Youth Oil-In-Balm Review

GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Intense Repair Youth Oil-In-Balm Review

GUERLAIN is renowned for its premium honey-infused anti-ageing skincare, Abeille Royale. Fans of the iconic skin-rejuvenating line will be excited to hear that they’ve added yet another sublime addition to the range; the Intense Repair Youth Oil-In-Balm combines everything you love about Abeille Royale in a rich yet light balm that helps to repair dry or weakened skin showing signs of ageing…


The Most Important Thing About The GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Oil-In-Balm Is…

What makes the Youth Oil-In-Balm so special is the fact that GUERLAIN have spent over a decade’s worth of research on the key active, honey, which lies at the heart of the iconic Abeille Royale range. The silky balm has been made from honey and royal jelly sourced from biodiverse environments across three islands, ensuring nutrient-rich honey with ample skincare benefits.

And, this commitment to selecting only the finest ingredients can be seen in the proven skincare results: the skin’s youth recovery is visible in just seven days, while beauty lovers saw a 46% boost in smoother skin, radiance was up by 129%, and they reported a 39% improvement in their overall skin texture after one month of using the Youth Oil-In-Balm.


What Skin Type Is It For?

The GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Oil-In-Balm has been specially formulated to comfort and repair dry, weakened complexions, but it’s also good for mature skin struggling with dryness and dullness.


You Will Love This If…

If you have dry skin with signs of ageing and you’re looking to upgrade your moisturiser, you’ll adore this. The premium Youth Oil-In-Balm’s expertly researched technology, natural ingredients and unique sensory experience is what sets it apart from other anti-ageing skincare formulations – and of course, you’ll love the results!

GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Intense Repair Youth Oil-In-Balm Review

Hero Ingredients:

The Abeille Royale Oil-In-Balm formula is made with 95% natural ingredients; the remaining 5% is made up of fortifying ingredients that help maintain its efficacy, so you can enjoy the skin-regenerating face cream for longer.

GUERLAIN combines all of their honey research into their Dynamic Blackbee Repair technology. This tech features a concentrated dose of their exclusive Ouessant honey, while French Royal Jelly and honey sourced from three islands of unique biodiversities ensures that the balm is packed with nutrients. This golden blend helps to protect your complexion against everyday aggressors that disrupt the skin’s natural repair process, promoting a smooth, radiant and supple look. To complete the mix, the balm features a reparative Cicawax Complex, which contains soothing centella asiatica extract, while beeswax butter helps the skin retain moisture, creating the perfect conditions for skin repair.


What Does It Feel Like?

For me, the texture and sensoriality of this balm is where you can really tell that this formula is extremely premium. As the name suggests, the texture of this formula combines the goodness of an oil and a balm in one – but it doesn’t possess any of the greasy and heaviness often associated with these two formats. Instead, the GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Oil-In-Balm feels light yet rich, while it absorbs quickly to leave the skin feeling soft and fresh.


What Does It Smell Like?

Like all formulations in the Abeille Royale collection, the Oil-In-Balm smells of deliciously sweet, sticky honey.

Review of GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Youth Oil-In-Balm

How Do You Use The Product?

Apply in the morning or evening to your face and decollete. You can use this product to create a relaxing facial; first off, you warm a small amount of the balm in the palm of your hands and apply using both hands along your jawline, chin and towards your ears. Then, apply from the bridge of the nose and work out along the cheekbones, towards the temples before moving the formula up towards your hairline and drawing large circles around the eyes. Then, massage the formula into the skin, taking time to smooth areas such as the temples and forehead to help relieve tension. Lastly, take the formula down, smoothing it across the decollete and neck.


What’s Special About The Design?

The GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Oil-In-Balm’s hexagonal shape is in keeping with the rest of the Abeille Royale collection – and of course, it’s gorgeous golden lid is engraved with GUERLAIN’s iconic bee to remind you of the honeyed goodness within.



Features 95% natural ingredients.


More from GUERLAIN

GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Advanced Youth Watery Oil Review

GUERLAIN Abeille Royale Eye R Repair Serum Review

Shop this post