Vella Women’s Pleasure Serum is a ‘helping hand’ for anyone that struggles to orgasm. Some call it an arousal serum; some call it a female pleasure enhancer. I’ve tried it, and I’d call it empowering. It’s about time women had something that can help them climax too.
Men have had access to the pleasure of Viagra since 1998. I’m impressed; the lead Principal Investigator for Viagra and Cialis, Dr. Harin Padma-Nathan, is one of the masterminds behind this serum, so you trust the research behind this first-to-market serum is strong.
“We hope to see Vella spur a new sexual revolution – one of sexual orgasms, equality and liberation, Vella is sensual intelligence in a bottle. It gives women the power over their sexual pleasure no matter their age, sexual orientation or life stage.” – Dr. Harin Padma-Nathan.
Why We Were Excited To Try Vella
As you can tell by the video testimonial, the team and I are passionate about Vella for many reasons, most commonly to enjoy better sex with a luxury experience.
Low libidos were also a common reason why we wanted to try it. Who doesn’t want better orgasms?
Personally, Vella helps the most at times when you need your body to play ball – no pun intended. I see it more as a helping hand. It’s an enhancer more than it is a stimulant.
From experience, this sex serum provides a ‘leg up’ when good sex seems unachievable. It’s especially good at improving orgasms for women that experience a lack of libido from:
- Medication side effects: anti-depressants are associated with low sex drive.
- Stress and anxiety
- Hormone imbalances, in particular:
- Low oestrogen, due to menopause, can lower sex drive
- Low testosterone from hysterectomy
- Low progesterone from after giving birth
- Androgen excess
“We’re passionate about enriching all aspects of our customer’s lives, and to know we can provide a solution to make sex and intimacy (an important factor to females and their sexual wellbeing) fun and accessible feels better than any orgasm could.
I’m a huge advocate for highlighting the importance of sexual well-being, and after speaking to friends, colleagues and family about this topic, it has opened my eyes to an array of ways this product can transform a lot of women’s lives and enrich their relationships with their partners and their bodies. I’m proud to be a part of this movement.” – Chelsey, Campaign Manager
What does Vella Serum do?
Whether alone or with a partner, Vella serum makes orgasms easier and quicker for cis women by relaxing the vaginal muscles, essential for increasing blood flow to improve sexual arousal. Without smooth muscle relaxation down there, orgasms become difficult/ next to impossible. The scientists behind Vella chose to use CBD because of the relaxing effects it has on the deeper layers of the vagina. I will explain more below…
The interesting bit?
When researching how the Vella serum actually works, I found out that the scientists conducted pre-clinical, psychophysiological and at-home studies only on humans to make sure the pleasure gel would help improve arousal and increase the intensities of orgasms and the ease of having them.
The pre-clinical research revealed:
- The deep tissue in the vagina (vaginal smooth muscle) relaxed when tested in vitro to CBD
- CBD cannot access the vaginal and clitoral smooth muscle without a novel delivery mechanism
- Topical applications in oil will not effectively accomplish this relaxation.
The psychophysiological Studies revealed:
- Applying Vella created an increase in blood flow from baseline in response to visual stimulation made possible by vaginal and clitoral smooth muscle relaxation.
- Vella Bioscience, Inc. conducted the study with world-renowned clinical orgasm researcher Nicole Prause, PhD, and her independent research institute, Liberos, to develop Vella further.
The at-home study revealed:
The test was conducted on 20 sexually healthy cis women, ages 23-61.
- The participants tried Vella Women’s Pleasure Serum four times over a month and reported outcomes through the Vella Sexual Function Questionnaire, derived from the Female Sexual Function Index.
- 9/10 women reported an improvement in orgasm. *
- 60% felt an increase in their arousal
- 60% experienced an increased intensity of orgasm
- 50% enjoyed an increased ease of orgasm
- 40% reported an increased frequency of orgasm
- 40% found an increased satisfaction with their orgasm*
Real-world experience in hundreds of women indicates that approximately 2 out of 3 women will respond overall.
What are the ingredients in Vella women’s Pleasure serum?
The key ingredient that helps relax the important vaginal smooth muscle is CBD, a chemical in the Cannabis sativa plant, also known as cannabis or hemp, which makes this a revolutionary and first-to-market product. Don’t worry; it’s an active high level, but not enough to make your clitoris or labia go numb/fall off. The CBD is encapsulated so it can travel directly to relax the smooth muscle in your vagina.
The formulation is pretty cool. To make sure it has the best effect, the CBD is encapsulated in protective bubbles (liposomes) so it can penetrate deeper into the muscle and last up to 4 hours.
Vella’s complete list of ingredients are:
- Hydrogenated Phosphatidylcholine
- Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6
- Propylene Glycol
- Ascorbic Acid
- Sodium Ascorbate
- Phenethyl Alcohol
Vella is also vegan, alcohol-free, fragrance-free, essential-oil free and hormone-free.
Does Vella cause irritation?
Vella is safe to use and won’t irritate. As a team, we’ve been sure to test for side effects, particularly if it tingles, stings, burns or irritates, and none of us experienced discomfort during or after using it.
Does Vella serum work?
- The serum pentrates the smooth muscles, causing it to relax.
- The feeling of clitoral engorgement and vaginal lubrication engages the Female Sexual Response cycle
- Nitric Oxide from nerve endings mediates vaginal/clitoral engorgement, causing smooth muscle within the corpora cavernosa of the clitoris and vaginal wall to relax.
From my experience, Vella does physically help to relax and stimulate the vagina. I felt that. But being honest I expected this whole-body thing to happen with tingling and a warm “out of this world” feeling from the get-go, but Vella targeted my vagina, not my mood. Even when I was stressed, I felt the relaxation element, but as the Female Sexual Response Cycle is not linear, and mood dependant. The overall experience feeling felt better when I was all in.
It’s is a luxury product, with a luxury experience. I like that the whole thing is discreet, from the packaging to the effects. Partners may feel like ‘you’ are more relaxed/excited, but it wont be obvious you’ve had a helping hand. It doesn’t taste or smell, so it’s up to you if you disclose whether you’re using it or not. Take the credit.
I’d summarise the experience in this way:
Imagine you’re going for a massage with a highly qualified masseur who is world-renowned for their relaxation skills.
1) You turn up at your appointment (try Vella).
2) You prepare them to come into the room (apply the cream and wait 15-20 minutes).
3) The massage happens (intercourse/solo play begins).
That masseur will do everything right to help you relax, but if you’re not in the right headspace, it won’t relax you as much as it should.
What does Vella do for men?
From my experience and research, Vella has no physical effects on men. However, if you’re more excited, they are bound to be. Vella is also water-soluble and condom-safe, so you don’t have to worry about it interfering.
Is Vella a lube?
Vella Serum isn’t a lube, but from my experience, extra lubrication is a positive side effect of using it – win, win.
“Hi, I’m Morgan. I haven’t had an orgasm during sex in 2.5 years due to being on anti-depressants.
“After ordering a single-use Vera serum to try it out, I finally was able to have an orgasm with my husband.
“It was more than that, though. It was a breakthrough for me because I realised that I need to prioritise my pleasure and not just his. I could not be more grateful to the scientists creating this product.
“It has helped me individually and in my marriage, because I am now more comfortable voicing what I want sexually. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
Where To Buy Vella Pleasure Serum?
You can buy Vella Pleasure serum from UK based retailer that ships globally. If you’re new to the serum, I’d recommend trying the Vella serum sample pack; five sachets are inside so you can give it a good test run. You can also share them with your friends or leave some at your partner’s house and invest in the large jar for your bedside table.
How To Use Vella Serum?
You mustn’t overthink the application method for Vella and keep it simple. You must apply it 15-20 minutes before you benefit from it, because that’s how long it takes to penetrate and take action.
How Vella Says to use it:
Apply 15-25 minutes before sex or solo play to your inner labia and clitoris and the external area outside the vagina. Lasts for 2 hours. Enjoy solo. Or together. But always practice safe sex.
*I made the application visual, so you don’t have to corrupt your search history with various labia pictures as I did.
How a single person who needed to google inner labia says to use it:
- Make yourself feel confident and relaxed
- Apply the serum inside, but not ‘ up in’.
- Focus the application on your clit and not the outer skin.
Get To Know The Formats
Vella Serum Jar
Cost per use: equates to same as viagra, around £2.45
Reasons to buy the Jar:
- Cheaper cost per use
- Better for long-term use as more cost effective
Vella Sample Sachet
Cost per use: £7.00
Reasons to buy the sachet
- To test the formula
- You’ll get an email to get £7 off the full-size serum
Vella Sample Pack
Size: 5x 1.5ml
Cost: Works out £5.40 per sachet.
Reasons to buy the sample pack:
- Easy to carry in bag, fit into purse.
- More product to try
- £1.60 saving per sachet when compared to buying the single sachet
- Enough sachets to share with friends