Before I started using Avene’s Exfoliating Serum, my skin had dry patches, oiliness, and bumps. In just ten days, I noticed clearer and smoother results.
I was so impressed that I took the time to review why and how this serum works.
The Most Important Thing About This Serum Is…
You’ll see quicker clearer skin results than using a standard salicylic acid serum. Two applications of a standard serum is equal to one-morning application of the Cleanance serum.
What Skin Type Is It For?
The Cleanance Serum is best suited to normal to combination skin types with concerns around small breakouts and irregular bumpy skin texture.
It will work for sensitive skin types, and intermittently for dehydrated skin types with spots. If your skin lacks moisture, use this once a day, every other evening in conjunction with your normal hydrating skincare routine.
You Will Love This If…
If you’re sick of seeing spots in the mirror.
If you’re fed up with seeing bumpy, non-smooth skin.
If your foundation doesn’t sit well because of your irregular skin texture.
Dedicated to sensitive skin and tested on acne-prone skin, the A.H.A Exfoliating Serum contains just 10 ingredients and 99% natural origin ingredients. The key ones to note are:
- Lactic and succinic acids 5% help to exfoliate the skin, reducing the appearance of blemishes, pores and marks.
- Glutamic acid provides a sebum-regulating action effect to reduce excess sebum.
- Its formula is enriched in Avène Thermal Spring Water to soften, soothe, and rebalance the skin.
Together these work to reduce blemishes, blackheads and residual marks while tightening pores and smoothing skin texture.
What Does It Feel Like?
In between a water and an essence, the after-feel is soft, not sticky. It dries quickly, so you don’t have to wait a while to layer skincare or apply makeup.
What Does It Smell Like?
This serum has zero scent. The formula is also fragrance-free, so it makes sense why it doesn’t smell of anything. This surprised me as all Cleanance products usually have a fresh, distinctive scent, but I didn’t experience that with this serum.
How Do You Use The Product?
From my experience…
- Apply morning and evening: Be sure to use the product both in the morning and evening for optimal results.
- Clean skin: Before applying the product, ensure that your skin is thoroughly cleansed. Use a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup.
- Wait before you apply moisturiser: After applying the product, allow some time for it to be absorbed into the skin before applying moisturiser. This will help the product work effectively and provide the best benefits for your skin.
What’s Special About The Design?
- Time and product-saving packaging, as the pipette dispenses the right amount: The packaging is designed to save both time and product, thanks to the pipette dispensing the correct amount.
- Box is recyclable: The packaging box is recyclable, contributing to environmentally friendly practices.
- Bottle appears blue, but the formula is clear.
- Vegan formula
My Overall Experience