VITILIGO & HYPERPIGMENTATION
- What is hyperpigmentation?
- Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of an area of skin caused by increased quantity of melanin (the pigment responsible for producing colour in the body).
The increased quantity of melanin may be caused by illness or injury, such as sun damage, or inflammation, or may be related to acne. Pregnancy can also cause a greater production of melanin reulting in melasma or mask of pregnancy.
- What is vitiligo?
- Vitiligo is a long-term skin condition where pale white patches develop on the skin.
Vitiligo is caused by a lack of melanin, a pigment in the skin. Melanin is produced by skin cells called melanocytes, and it gives your skin its colour. Vitiligo often starts as a pale patch of skin that gradually turns completely white. The centre of a patch may be white, with pale skin around it. If there are blood vessels under the skin, the patch may be slightly pink, rather than white. It can affect any area of skin, but most commonly occurs on the face, neck and hands, and in skin creases.
CORRECTIVE FLUID FOUNDATION
- High coverage for all skin concerns including vitiligo and hyperpigmentation
- Skin concerns are concealed and complexion looks more even
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin