Are you pressed for time but still want to look like you’ve made the effort for Halloween? I know just the feeling. For those wanting to keep it simple but glamorous this year, my Vampire Queen look will tick all of your boxes.
Whether you’re hosting or heading to a party, or your friends have forced to dress up this Halloween, with the Vampire Queen look all you need is an LBD, a killer heal and the below step by step guide.
To make it look like you’ve spent longer than 15 nailing your fancy dress look, scroll down to master these Halloween basics…
The 6 Minute Base
1) First things first, start by prepping your base. As a Vampire’s complexion tends to resemble that of a corpse-like shade, to start the look, I recommend that you use a paler foundation all over your face and down your neck.
2) Next, you need to get that contour looking strong for the camera. For a bold, sculpted look, shade underneath your cheekbones, down the nose and around your forehead with a black eyeshadow or dark bronzer and blend, blend, blend. For a subtler sculpt, I used the MAKE UP FOR EVER UP Artist Face Color – Neutral Sculpting Powder in SS18. (the Artist Face Colors are sold separately from their recommended palettes.)
3) To create a glittering, Edward Cullen style complexion, go in strong with your highlight. Personally, I love to use MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Star Lit Powder in 02 on my nose, brow bone and cheekbones for an extra glowy look.
The 9 Minute Masterpiece
Eyes, Blood & Lips
4) Pack the MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow all over your lid with a flat brush or your fingertip, a little goes a long way with this one. To increase the smoulder, take the brush underneath your lash line and smudge.
5) Here comes the easy bit! There’s no need for perfection with this step. Buff a deep red shadow into and above the crease, then, smudge under your lash line for an ‘I haven’t slept for a year but I still look glamorous’ finish.
Remember with this look, the messier it is, the better! I loved using the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Shadow Refill – Metallic Finish in ME-744 as it looks as amazing as it does scary. (The MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Shadow Refills are sold from their recommended palettes.)
6) This step is much simpler than it looks! Grab a tiny precision brush (this one is perfect) and apply the MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua XL Color Paint Extra Long Lasting Waterproof Shadow in M-72 and draw on some droplets that resemble blood dripping from your eyes. The Aqua XL Color Paint won’t budge or smudge and it also doubles up as a beautiful lip colour too!
7) In true vampire style, to make it look like you’ve been sucking blood, use a dark lipstick shade in the centre of your lips and blend outwards with your finger. I used MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Artist Liquid Matte Lip Color in 505 Blackcurrant, as it’s everything you need to create a dark, vampy lip.
The 5 Minute Bonus
8) To finish your look, opt for a statement lash to add some glamour. Personally, I love MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Lash Show Creative Impact False Lashes C-704. They’re full, fat and exaggerated which makes them perfect for any Halloween look.
The Finished Look