Jobs and Careers
Escentual provides its worldwide customers luxurious beauty products in the fast-moving world of e-retail. We’re seriously passionate about creating an enhanced customer experience, with incredible service, innovation, and integrity at the heart of everything we do.
Although the Company grows year on year, it still has a family feel for all of its employees. We often have an 'all hands on deck' approach to project development, where everyone’s opinions are valued since we are all purchasers of beauty products! Due to this, we all work collaboratively, with a great team spirit and we actively seek out your ideas on innovation! You will be part of a very passionate team with the autonomy and influence to really see how your role personally impacts the business.
We look for talented, creative and highly motivated individuals to join our hardworking team in Cardiff. In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer excellent career progression, staff discounts and the opportunity to be part of an exceptional team!
This new role will be responsible for shooting, directing and editing all imagery videos and livestreams for our Escentual.com website, communications and social. With over 18,000 products, brand and category imagery, content and communications requiring photography and videographer the pace will be fast and constantly evolving. Not having a physical store means the team work tirelessly to represent each product as accurately and desirable as possible. Using photography and video to showcase the aesthetic, technical, texture, application and benefits of the world’s leading beauty products.
Working under the direction of our Head of Creative you will help to develop & define the photography and videographer role. You will create workflow, specify appropriate equipment for photography, videography and live streaming. Select appropriate hardware and software.
Our Vision is to create a fast paced, highly-productive ecommerce studio, which the individual in this role will be instrumental in contributing to, whilst delivering high quality photography standards while maintaining daily targets.
Click Here for More Information
Who you will work for:You will report to Dave Wigginton, Head of Creative. You will work within the Creative team.
What you’ll do:
- You will need to develop a studio with the setup, workflow, equipment, software and hardware to enable shooting a minimum of 45 images per day for Escentual.com.
- Shooting and directing portrait, creative and lifestyle images, videos and livestreams.
- All images to be shot in accordance with a shoot guide you will develop with the head of creative, demonstrating excellent technical understanding, attention to detail and consistent quality.
- To work within an agreed, reshoot percentage (3%).
- Working collaboratively on shoots with Creative, Product and Content teams, demonstrating an excellent understanding of creating image shoot guidelines and studio processes.
- Regularly reviewing all images and videos to ensure they are of the highest standard, identify and action reshoots where necessary.
- Contributing to and leading imagery reviews, demonstrating competitor awareness and being proactive in presenting opportunities for improvement.
- Successful delivery of projects set by senior management team that initiate projects to enhance visual aspects of Escentual.com.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with team members and other departments.
- Ensure all photographic equipment props and studio space is maintained.
- Editing and selecting shot sequence through your chosen software and workflow, ensuring the best selection of images are processed, and in a timely manner throughout the day.
- Work with the Creative, Product and Content teams to direct the shoot/videos to ensure the best possible images are taken.
- Ensure all daily shoot targets are met and to the highest standard.
- Conduct re-shoots in a timely manner.
- Perform quality control on all images selected before putting into folders.
- Ensure images are high quality and consistent in colour and styling.
- Develop and maintain file size specification guidelines.
- Meeting personal targets and daily/weekly deadlines.
- Manage process of product images on shoot day, in an organised manner. Develop and maintain digital photo assets and structure to be archived or accessible easily.
- Prepare shoot set up and check daily that all equipment is functioning, testing appropriate lighting, on product type and flagging any issues.
- Supporting events with any ad-hoc projects when required.
What you’ll need: Skills & Behaviours
- Proven experience photographing still life/beauty product of similar quantities is essential.
- Experience shooting model imagery.
- Experience working with various types of lighting, both continuous and flash.
- Confident in meeting daily targets and handling a high volume of product.
- Experience working within a fast-paced studio environment to strict deadlines.
- Excellent photographic/technical understanding.
- Ability to art direct and also take direction, working well alone and in a team.
- A perfectionist with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of photographic studio practice.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Th ability to work in a fast-paced studio environment, adaptable and responsive to rapid change.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Proactive, with a willingness to go the extra mile.
Our Social MediaWe are on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram... why not follow us to get a feel of who we are!
Social proof badge/awards
Online Retail Awards 2011 – Best Beauty, Perfume and Cosmetics Retailer
FIFI Awards 2012 Nominated for Retailer of the Year
Wales SME Business Awards 2017 – Online Business of the Year
Please email email@example.com using the subject line ‘Photographer’ with a link to your Portfolio, your CV and covering letter to apply.